Wednesday, May 18, 2011

5-17-11

Yesterday we filled up the bottles with clean vegetable oil.  Then we got 250 mg of lye.  After we mixed the lye with the water, we had to shake it so it could dissolve.  The shaking took forever and then the jar got hot.  When I was shaking, some of the water dripped on me and started burning so I had to go to that eye wash and put my arm in it.  After that I finished mixing and the water and lye we put it in the oil and shook it 8 times.  After we just put the bottles upside down on a beaker for 24 hours to react.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh are you alright? Wow you had it spill on you it must have hurt a lot. I didin't use lye for my oil you guys must have ran out is my guess. I hope that the oil came out good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Next time you should make sure that the cap is on tightly. I also got some of it on me too, but fortunatly i was alright.

    ReplyDelete